Building models is an interesting hobby for anyone. Any object may be replicated and downsized into miniatures. These models may be made or assembled with original designs and materials or factory manufactured kits.
Men and boys enjoy building vehicles, robots, and architectural buildings. Women and girls enjoy building with clay, paper products, and assembling a variety of commercial kits.
Childhood memories inspire our favorite pastimes to become our future hobbies or interests. These memories give us pleasure or reward us with relaxation, therapy, or an income opportunity.
Building models offer:
- An outlet for our arts and crafts talents and skills
- Challenges our creativity and imagination
- Freedom to explore and research
- Building miniatures of our dreams and hopes
- Reward our abilities
- Pride in our accomplishments
Models are made with wood, plastics, metal, clay, paper products, foam, and other articles which become a part of or support a project.
- Balsa wood for building airplanes
- Melted plastic solutions poured into rubber molds
- Metals can be cut and welded or melted into molds
- Clay and paper mache are used for molding figurines, animals, plants and flowers, and dÃƒÆ’Ã‚Â©cor items
- Paper products and foam may be cut and glued to create buildings and other objects
The object which you are duplicating may be made with one or several types of materials from assorted resources.
A decision has been made to build a doll house. The house can be constructed with wood, cardboard, or pasteboard. The interior of the house may require clay, plastics, metal, and other materials to create furniture, people, carpet, flooring, and other dÃƒÆ’Ã‚Â©cor.
People who have an interest in building models are both artisans and craftsmen with creative and imaginative abilities. They also possess various trade skills with excellent eye and hand coordination.
Types of Models:
- Accessories which support the main project
- Commercial buildings and industrial building communities – residential and business
- Entertainment characters from books, comics, movies, and television
- Flora and landscaping
- Machinery and mechanical devices
- Natural wonders – volcanoes, mountains, canyons
- Robots and other toys
- Vehicles – cars, trucks, boats, ships, rockets, space ships, military vehicles
As you can see from the above list, there is an endless list of model building projects. You have the choice of designing and creating an original duplicate from materials at hand, experimenting with plastics and metals, or assembling ready-made articles.
The media which is being used will determine the order of construction, materials, and tools. These three-dimensional buildings, characters, or animals all require starting with their foundation, proceeding with their accessories, and finalizing the details
- Knowledge and familiarity with the craft
- Creativity and imagination
- Detail oriented
- Photos and drawings of projects
- Engineering abilities
- Knowing how to work required tools
- Finishing applications
If you have never participated in this hobby, start with a simple project. This is a fun and exciting hobby experience.